Monday, December 1, 2008

Caramel Popcorn

My Aunt Lesley made the most amazing caramel popcorn while we were in Colorado. Pretty much everything she makes is amazing, and this recipe is no exception.

She didn't want to mess with bringing and air popper, so she used three bags of microwave popcorn (I never would have thought of that)

The flavor is amazing and it stays nice and soft. I will certainly be making this recipe a lot during the holidays. Delicious!


and yes, we have the same name and spelling... she married my uncle Chris when I was about 7 (so I was not named after her) she's from Louisiana, and has the cutest southern accent ever.


AUNT LESLEY'S CARAMEL POPCORN

Ingredients:
3-4 batches of popcorn (air popper), or 3 bags of microwave popcorn
1 stick of butter
1 Cup Light Karo Syrup
1 can sweet and condensed milk
2 1/2 cups brown sugar

Melt:
butter, corn syrup, sweet & condensed milk, and sugar. Bring to a soft ball stage (boil about 5 minutes)

Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well. Pour over buttered cookie sheet (or cover with wax or parchment paper).

4 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! I am definitely going to try this!

erin said...

You're going to share the recipe with the entire world?!? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

linds said...

That's the same recipe I use. It sure is delish!

Benji and Aubrey said...

mmmmmmm...I think this popcorn was the main contributing factor to the excessive increase in my prego-ness over the break...