Monday, August 3, 2009

Seeing Red: picture collage

I took these in April while I was teaching my first class- I did the assignments along with everyone else (I made them up as we went, so I picked things I wanted to do as well) so I had everyone pick a color and then look for that color to photograph during the week.

I was in a time crunch (as usual) and ended up shooting mine in 30 minutes around my apartment complex. Amazing what you see when you're looking for something specific... this would be a fun activity with children... and then you could compile all your color collages and make a color book. Hey, what a great idea, maybe I'll do that!

Try it!



3 comments:

{Erica} said...

I actually did a color week once on my blog of items around the house. Then after that week I made a quiet book of sorts with the pictures. The first page was the colllage (like in your post) of say all the green items and then the pages following were large pics of each item. Then to pink...then blue...etc. My girls love this book and I love that they are items they love and can identify with...makes it more personal!

I think I'm going to do a color week again...

{Erica} said...

http://www.ericasbloggityblog.com/search/label/themed%20weeks

here's the link to my color week a couple years back...

Lesley said...

Thanks for sharing, Erica! Those are awesome... I think I'll try that when we get home. Thanks!