Saturday, January 30, 2010

Homemade burp cloths and toy balls

There's nothing like a new baby in the family to get you excited about sewing! My sister had a baby last week and since then I've had a blast making homemade gifts for him. There's nothing like homemade gifts for babies... I haven't felt much like crafting in the last few months (being pregnant will do that do you), so I was elated to have the motivation and the desire to whip out my sewing machine.

These are the best burp cloths ever. I am not a very creative person, but I can take sole credit for the design of these. I love them because they are extremely absorbent, and very durable. I still have every one I made for Ella and they are still in great shape after every day use for about a year. Perhaps I should do a tutorial one day when I'm not feeling lazy :)

The little ball is a smaller version of THIS and was great fun because it used tiny little scraps that were too cute to throw away. It fits perfectly in a toddler's hand and is a great size for a baby to push around.

A ball like this is really easy to make (see pics below) and it took me about 2-3 hours from start to finish. Pretty good for a project done entirely by hand.




8 comments:

Melanie said...

oh please please please do a tutorial.

I love the fabrics you chose!

AlliSMiles said...

Pregnant?? Nice way to sneakily slide it in there! Congratulations!!

Catherine said...

Lovely baby gifts Lesley! I've just found your blog again. Didn't realize you had changed your address. Congratulations is due I think?

stacey said...

i sure am happy that i was the lucky recipient! i am having a hard time using the burp cloths because they are just too dang cute.

Englebright said...

Hooray!! Congrats!

Umm.. is there anything you can't do? Just wondering.

And if anyone gives you grief about photo prices, I want send them a "nice" little e-mail. If anything you should DOUBLE your prices. Seriously.

erin said...

I am glad you documented these because they are just that cute. As I already told you, I saw them on the counter and about died.

Hawkins Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hawkins Family said...

I like that cute little size a lot! Are they 2in. pentagons?