Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Work in Progress {a quilt for my husband}

I was trying to think of a thoughtful graduation present for my husband and thankfully THIS quilt found its way to my computer screen, just in time too. I ordered 12, 20x20 handkerchiefs (4 London, 4 NYC, and 4 Paris) and went to work the minute the box arrived. I sewed the 12 'blocks' together and backed the quilt top with a soft, cozy, chocolate brown fabric. Not my first choice from an aesthetic standpoint, but I really wanted him to use it. We have a lot of blankets around, and he generally reaches for the fleecy ones (while I prefer cotton quilts), so this was the perfect compromise. The hand quilting took forever, but I love the way it turned out.

I rarely document my works in progress, so I figured I'd try this time. Final product images coming soon.






5 comments:

kenzie said...

I just started a baby quilt using london ones for my friend. I loved that idea when I saw it.

Amy said...

What a great and thoughtful idea! Can't wait to see the finished result!

Catherine said...

Looks like a perfect quilt for your husband to snuggle under! Great idea!

Lorrie said...

I love hand quilting. It's peaceful and relaxing! This will be awesome!

Amy said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to see the finished product!