Saturday, July 31, 2010

Surprise Baby Shower {for me!}

The day before my due date my sisters and mama put together a surprise baby shower for me. It was quite possibly the busiest week known to man, so I have no idea how they pulled it off. I was so shocked when we arrived at Cafe Zupas to find a table full of friends, balloons, presents, and of course, color-coordinated decorations and favors.

I felt incredibly special. So special that I hardly noticed the contractions I was having admist the festivities. I went into labor at around midnight following the shower... I can think of no better sendoff than dinner with girlfriends, laughing heartily, and opening darling gifts for our baby boy. They ordered amazing sugar cookies from Schmidt's Pastries to serve as dessert and put them in favor bags for the ladies to take home. Thank you to everyone who came, and a shout-out to my sister Stacey who coordinated from afar. It was a glorious event!

ps. did you notice how there was a note on the invite for friends to contact the mama-to-be via email or something if they couldn't go... I've been getting phone calls and email from friends all week. Brilliant idea, Erin! My talented sis designed the invitation above and took all of the photographs below:







No comments: