Monday, August 1, 2011

Miss Spider's Tea Party Playdate {New York City}

New Yorkers are serious about parties. We attended a marvelous event this morning, and I can't wait to show you. So I'm going to show you! Shocking, right?  

So back to what I was saying, New Yorkers know how to throw parties.  Here's the kicker, this isn't even a birthday party. This is a playdate (ok, ok, I know you're rolling your eyes thinking back on some of the playdates I've shared here, but I'll just ignore you for a minute).  My friend Heidi is a kindred spirit because she enjoys party planning as much as I do, and enjoys any excuse to plan an event. Did I mention she's an event planner? We're combining forces for an autumn event (who knows what it will be, but it will be great!), and I'm so excited.

The theme for the playdate was based around the book Miss Spider's Tea Party, and the morning was filled with crafts, treats on spiderweb placemats, storytime (of course), playground fun, an awesome spider web, and face painting. This was Heidi's first time using face paint- are you kidding me? I'd love to add "face painting" to my resume. Perhaps she'll teach me. And speaking of teaching, perhaps my kids will take a lesson from the fabulous kids you see below. I took pictures of most of the kids with their faces painted, and all I had to do was point my camera their way and they smiled. Awesome. I'm all for candids, but happy, smiling faces are nice from time-to-time too :)


 



Cute kids, huh?

5 comments:

Hailey said...

Looks fabulous! I'm sad I missed it!

Heidi said...

You are amazing, I'm so glad you took these photos! What a fun time we had!! Missed you Hailey, next time we'll do it again for sure. :)

Thanks for documenting such a wonderful party and capturing the details, faces, smiles, and joyous times! We will make a great team on the next park playdate bash...hehe, oh the party we'll throw!

Steve and Nicole said...

Well your comment made MY week! My goodness, that was so so sweet of you to take the time. And I sincerely mean that I love your pictures. They are flawless and so inspiring. I'm glad you are back and blogging more now!

erin said...

You can invite me to the party next time... how fun!

The Beckstroms said...

I am so sad that we missed this party!! It looks like so much fun and the pics are incredible, as always. Miss you guys!